20 July 1847 – Father Pierre Rougeyron: Inventory of supplies left in storage in New Caledonia by the corvette la Seine
Based on the document sent, in the handwriting of Rougeyron, signatures autographs, APM ONC 208 Rougeyron.
Written on one side of the page, the reverse side having only an annotation by Poupinel.
- [p.2] [in Poupinel’s handwriting]
- Supplies left by the corvette la Seine and burnt in 1847.
Inventory of supplies left in storage in New Caledonia by the corvette la Seine.
- We the undersigned, Catholic missionaries in New Caledonia, state that the supplies left in storage on that island by the corvette la Seine, which was shipwrecked, were destroyed in a fire lit by the natives. The small craft, also left in storage by the same ship, met the same fate on 17th July 1847. In witness whereof we present the current legal proceedings, signed by the missionaries and a sailor from la Seine, all eyewitnesses of the event.
- Recorded in Balade, 20th July 1847.
- Marist missionary priest.
- Brother Auguste François Cadousteau.
|Previous Letter||List of 1847 Letters||Next letter|